If you’ve been searching for The Best Blondies recipe, here it is guys! These blondies are ridiculously good. Sweet and salty, a match made in heaven!
I couldn’t decide if I wanted to make chocolate or butterscotch blondies so I just decided to use both. I threw in some toasted pecans and topped them with flaky sea salt just for good measure. BEST. DECISION. EVER.
What is a blondie?
A blondie is the vanilla version of a brownie. Blondies are flavored with vanilla instead of cocoa, therefore have a “blonde” color to them. Some people refer to them as “blonde brownies”. Blondies are made with brown sugar which gives them a chewy moist texture and they are SUPER easy to make. They’re always a crowd favorite!
Tips for making The Best Blondies
- Do not overmix your blondies. Over mixing will make your blondies dense
- DO NOT overbake. Overbaking will leave you with a dried out blondie. You should take The Best Blondies out of the oven slightly underdone, they will continue to cook after they are out of the oven. Slightly underdone cookie dough with a hard top is what you’re going for here
- Use dark brown over light brown sugar. This will give the blondies a slightly darker more robust flavor. Light brown is perfectly fine if that’s what you have but if you have dark on hand, go for that
- You can mix in whatever sounds good to you at the time with this recipe: Oreos, raisins, white chocolate chips, cinnamon, M&M’s, etc.
Ingredients for The Best Blondies
- Unsalted butter
- Dark brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Dark chocolate chunks
- Butterscotch chips
How to make The Best Blondies
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease the parchment paper. Melt the butter and transfer it to a large mixing bowl to cool. Toast the pecans on a baking sheet for 8-10 minutes until they are lightly browned. Take the pecans out and set them aside.
Add the brown sugar to the cooled butter and mix together. Add the eggs, egg yolk and vanilla. Mix for about 20 seconds until well incorporated.
In a separate bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until almost all the flour is mixed in. Add the dark chocolate chunks, butterscotch chips and toasted pecans. Fold them in just until mixed and. DO NOT OVERMIX.
Spread the mixture into the 9×9 pan evening out with your wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the edges are slightly puffed and they have turned a golden brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Even if you think they aren’t done, take them out. They will continue to cook as they cool.
Once they’re cool, cut them into squares and enjoy! 9 squares will get you a larger brownie size blondie or you can cut smaller to whatever size you like. Enjoy!
If you make The Best Blondies recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or rate this recipe! I would love to hear feedback and comments about what you guys think. Also if you make this recipe feel free to take pictures and tag me on Instagram, it’s so fun looking through the photos you guys make!
Check out more of my Desserts!
The Best Blondies
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted
For sprinkling on top
- 1 pinche flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper. Toast the pecans for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Set them aside to cool, then chop.
- Melt the butter over the stove top then set aside allowing to cool.
Mix the wet ingredients together
- In a large mixing bowl mix the melted butter with the brown sugar. Mix in the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla until well combined.
Mix the dry ingredients
- Whisk together the dry ingredients until well combined.
Combine the wet and the dry ingredients
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients just until mixed. Do not over mix!
- Stir in the dark chocolate, butterscotch and toasted pecans being careful not to over mix.
- Spread the mix into the 9×9 pan pressing down lightly to make an even layer.
Bake the blondies
- Bake the blondies for 30-40 minutes making sure not to over bake. The edges will turn golden brown and the middle will look slightly underdone but they will continue cooking after they're out of the oven.
- Sprinkle the flaky sea salt over the top of the blondies. Once they are cooled, cut them into 12 pieces or whatever size you'd like!