This No Churn Salted Caramel Pretzel Ice Cream is the ultimate sweet meets salty combo! Creamy sweet vanilla ice cream mixed with the rich and delicious flavor of caramel and a little pretzel crunch for some extra salt and texture. I love a little salt with my sweets!
No churn ice cream has an incredible flavor and if you’ve never made homemade caramel sauce before, you’ll never look back after this. Homemade caramel sauce is so much easier than you think and to be honest, it’s a million times better than store bought. I could eat the entire jar in one sitting…..every night.
What can you put caramel sauce on?
- In or on Ice Cream
- Pies (Apple, Pecan, Banana Cream, Coconut Cream)
- A Spoon
How to make homemade salted caramel sauce
Caramel sauce is so much easier to make than most people think. There are only a few ingredients, a sauce pan, whisk and some measuring cups/spoons. Making this salted caramel will take you all of 5 minutes.
Get yourself a heavy bottomed sauce pan out. Pour the sugar into it, give the pan a shake to even it out and turn the heat to medium. Let it sit for a bit but keep an eye on it.
While the sugar is melting, cut 7tbsp of butter and measure out the cream. Do not stir the sugar while it’s melting. It’s ok to swirl the pan around a couple times to make sure the sugar is melting evenly.
Once the sugar is a medium brown color and all melted, remove it from the heat. Add the butter immediately and whisk it in. This mixture will violently bubble, relax that’s supposed to happen! When the butter is stirred in add the cream and continue whisking until fully incorporated. Mix in the salt and you’ve got yourself a delicious caramel sauce!
Let the caramel cool to room temp before adding it to the ice cream. Caramel can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 weeks in an airtight container.
Tips for making no churn ice cream
- Let the ice cream sit at room temp for 5 minutes before serving for best texture
- Allow yourself a full overnight freeze before serving no churn ice cream
- Make any flavor combo you want, the sky is the limit!
- Let the caramel sauce cool completely before adding it to the ice cream
- Make the caramel sauce ahead of time, it’s good for up to 4 weeks in the fridge!
- Make a double batch, you’ll be sorry if you don’t!
Ingredients for No Churn Salted Caramel Pretzel Ice Cream
- Heavy Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Kosher Salt
Other things to add into no churn ice cream
- Fresh or Frozen Fruit of any kind(Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, Bananas)
- Extracts(Mint, Coconut, Almond, Lemon)
- Candy Bar Pieces
- Cheesecake Bites
- Cookie Dough
- Leftover Pumpkin Pie
How to make No Churn Salted Caramel Pretzel Ice Cream
Make the salted caramel sauce ahead of time and let cool completely. Once the caramel is done, make the pretzel mixture. Melt the butter then add it to the food processor. Add the pretzels and salt to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture is slightly chunky but will stick together. Set the mixture aside.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a bowl, add the vanilla and salt. In a separate medium sized bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer add the heavy cream. Beat the heavy cream on medium – high with either an electric hand mixer or the stand mixer until it forms stiff peaks.
Take about 1/2 cup of the heavy cream, add it to the sweetened condensed milk mixture and mix well. Fold in the remaining heavy cream until no streaks remain.
Start layering the ice cream into a loaf pan. Pour about 1 inch into the loaf pan, sprinkle 1/3 of the pretzel mixture in and drizzle caramel over the top. Repeat until the loaf pan is full. Press plastic wrap over the top, against the ice cream mix so that no air can get to it. Freeze overnight and for up to 1 week!
Let this No Churn Salted Caramel Pretzel Ice Cream sit out of the freezer for 5 minutes to get the best texture before serving. Enjoy in a bowl, on a cone or on top of cake or pie!
More No Churn Ice Cream!
If you try this No Churn Salted Caramel Pretzel Ice Cream please leave me a rating and/or review! Also, tag me in your Instagram photos, I love to see what you’re making!
No Churn Salted Caramel Pretzel Ice Cream
- hand or stand mixer
- 1 cup sugar
- 7 tbsp butter room temp
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups pretzels thin
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Make the caramel sauce
- Pour the sugar into a heavy bottomed sauce pan and put over medium heat to melt. Give the pan a shake to evenly distribute the sugar. Let the pan sit but keep a close eye on it so it doesn't burn. DO NOT STIR IT
- While the sugar is melting, cut the butter into 7tbsp and measure out the cream
- Swirl the pan with the sugar a time or two to keep the melting even
- Once the sugar is completely melted and a medium – dark brown color remove from the heat immediately. Add the butter and stir until incorporated. There will be violent bubbling – this is completely normal and should be happening.
- Once the butter is incorporated, add the cream and stir until fully incorporated
- Add the salt and stir well. Let caramel cool completely. Caramel can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks
Make the pretzel crunch
- Melt the butter in a small bowl and add it to the food processor.
- Add the pretzels and salt
- Pulse until well blended but still a little chunky. Set to the side
Making the ice cream
- In a medium sized bowl pour the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Mix well
- In another medium sized bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, pour the heavy cream and beat on medium speed with either a hand mixer or the whisk attachment of the stand mixer until cream forms stiff peaks
- Add about ½ cup of the heavy cream mixture to the sweetened condensed milk mixture and mix well. Fold the remaining heavy cream mixture into the sweetened condensed milk until no streaks remain
- Pour ⅓ of the ice cream mix into a loaf pan. Drizzle some caramel sauce over the top and add ⅓ of the pretzel mix. Repeat until you use all of the ice cream mix
- Place plastic wrap over the top of the tin with the plastic pressed up against the ice cream so no air can get to the surface. Wrap one more time with plastic wrap and freeze overnight or at least for 8 hours.
- Take out of freezer and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!