Of all the delicious things to eat during the summer, Summer Fruit Salad is at the top of the list. It’s so refreshing and delicious on those hot summer days and nights. It’s also super easy to put together so it works nicely during the week as well!
Summer Fruit Salad is the perfect side for dinner, lunch or your backyard BBQ. This is a salad I could basically eat all day everyday in the summer. The combination of lime, honey, ginger and mint is hard to beat and even the kids love it!
Need some other recipes for side dishes? Check out my Sides!
Ingredients for Summer Fruit Salad
Tips for Summer Fruit Salad
- Dress the salad right 0-30 minutes before serving. While it’s still good for 1-2 days after dressing, it does start to get a bit soggy
- Make extra dressing and cut extra fruit. You can store both separately in the fridge and dress it as you need it through the week
- Hate ginger? Leave it out. The dressing is still delicious on the fruit without it. Although if you’re just unsure about using the ginger, please try it. It’s amazing
- You can really use most any fruit you have on hand
- Blend up the leftovers and add alcohol for a delicious cocktail!
- Refrigerate the fruit salad whenever it’s not being served
Other fruits you can use in this salad
- Honey Dew Melon
What to serve Summer Fruit Salad with
- Hot Dogs/Brats
- Grilled Chicken
- BBQ Chicken
- Grilled Salmon
- Fried Chicken
- Jerk Chicken
- Pork Chops
- All by itself, as a snack!
How to make Summer Fruit Salad
Make the dressing first
Mix all 4 dressing ingredients together until well blended. Make and keep the dressing for up to 1 week in advance. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Cut and mix the fruit
Slice the peaches into medium – thin size wedges then add them to a medium sized mixing bowl. Cut the tops off the strawberries, slice the strawberries into halves or quarters then add them to the mixing bowl. Add the blueberries and blackberries to the mixing bowl then add in the dressing.
Toss the fruit salad gently until it is thoroughly mixed then transfer it to a serving dish. Serve immediately or cover and keep in the fridge until it’s ready to be served. Store up to 1-2 days after dressing.
If you make this Summer Fruit Salad recipe please leave a comment and/or rating on the blog page! Also tag me in your Instagram photos, I love to see which recipes you’re making!
Summer Fruit Salad
- ⅓ cup lime juice fresh
- ¼ cup fresh mint chopped
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger fresh or paste
- 18 oz blueberries
- 16 oz strawberries hulled and cut in half
- 12 oz blackberries
- 3 peaches pitted and sliced medium – thin
Make the dressing
- Add the fresh lime juice, chopped mint, honey and ginger to a small mixing bowl and whisk until fully combined. Set aside or refrigerate until needed
Cut and mix the fruit
- Add the blueberries, halved strawberries, blackberries and sliced peaches to a medium bowl
- Add the dressing to the fruit and gently toss until fully combined. Transfer the Summer Fruit Salad to a serving dish or refrigerate until needed. Enjoy!