These Easy Vanilla Brownies might just be your new favorite vanilla brownies recipe. Why? They’ve got a layer of Golden Oreos in the middle then a drizzle of white chocolate on top.
You should be able to find Golden Oreos at most any grocery store now. They’re chewy and packed with a golden vanilla flavor. The best part is this easy recipe is super fun to make with the kids too.
The best brownies are topped with ice cream, so if you really have a sweet tooth then throw a scoop on top. Even better when the vanilla brownies are warm. So pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds then scoop your favorite flavor on!
What is a vanilla brownie?
A vanilla brownie is essentially a brownie without chocolate or cocoa powder. Also called Vanilla Blondies or Blondies. Vanilla brownies are rich in vanilla flavor.
You simply hand mix them in a bowl, they come together very quickly and have a bake time of around 40 minutes. This particular version a simple recipe with a vanilla brownie batter and a layer of Golden Oreos.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Unsalted Butter – Melted butter is used for the batter
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar makes these easy vanilla brownies chewy and moist
- Eggs – Eggs are part of the base structure of the brownie.
- Egg yolk – Egg yolk helps with structure and moisture
- Vanilla Extract – I prefer to use pure vanilla extract. This is where all the flavor comes from
- All Purpose Flour – I use all purpose flour for this recipe. I have not tested any other flour
- Baking Powder – This gives just a little lift to the brownies
- Kosher Salt – Salt brings out the flavor in all the ingredients
- Golden Oreos – To layer in the middle of the vanilla brownies. Here are the Golden Oreos
- White Chocolate – Drizzle white chocolate over the top
Tips for Easy Vanilla Brownies
- Room temperature ingredients are best for baking. Everything mixes better then bakes up more evenly and larger
- This is a great recipe to add other ingredients in or swap the Golden Oreos for a different addition. For example, regular Oreos, macadamia nuts, white chocolate chips, pretzels, sprinkles or M&M’s
- You can even try swapping out the vanilla extract for almond extract then only use about half the amount
- Do not over mix the batter
- Do not over bake them
- Set of Mixing Bowls – You will need a small bowl, medium bowl and large bowl to make these Easy Vanilla Brownies
- 8×8 inch pan – I use an 8×8 inch pan for these vanilla brownies
- Whisk – To mix up the wet ingredients
- Rubber Spatula – To scoop the batter out of the bowl then spread it in the pan
- Parchment Paper – You’ll line your baking pan with parchment paper then the vanilla brownies will be easier to get out
- Oven – Bake this Easy Vanilla Brownie Recipe in the oven
How long will vanilla brownies keep?
Cover the vanilla brownies tightly in plastic wrap and store on the counter for up to 5 days. If you wrap them then store them in the fridge they will last up to 7 days.
Another option is to freeze these Easy Vanilla Brownies. Double or triple wrap them in plastic wrap then add a layer of aluminum foil. Store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let them rest on the counter or in the fridge to thaw out.
How to make Easy Vanilla Brownies
Preheat the oven to 350°F then spray an 8×8 inch pan with non stick cooking spray. Put a layer of parchment paper in the prepared pan then snip all 4 corners with scissors.
This will help the parchment paper lie flat. Spray the parchment paper with non stick cooking spray as well. In a large bowl stir together the melted butter and brown sugar until full combined.
Add the eggs and egg yolks one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl between each addition. In a separate bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients with a rubber spatula being careful not to over mix.
Pour half of the vanilla brownie mix into the prepared baking pan then put one even layer of Golden Oreos on top of the batter. Spread the other half of the vanilla brownie batter over the Oreos evenly then bake for 40 minutes.
The vanilla brownies will be golden brown and slightly puffed around the edges. If the brownies start to get too brown before the 40 minutes then cover with a piece of foil while still baking.
Remove the vanilla brownies from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. While they are cooling make the white chocolate drizzle. Place the white chocolate chips in a small heat proof bowl.
If using a white chocolate bar, chop the chocolate and put it in the small heat proof bowl. Using a double boiler with the pan on low heat, melt the white chocolate while stirring frequently.
Once melted, set the chocolate mixture aside. After it cools for 5-10 minutes place it in a pastry bag or use a zip lock bag and cut the tip off. Drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the vanilla brownies then let the chocolate set.
Cut and serve the vanilla brownies!
Easy Vanilla Brownies
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 8×8 inch baking pan
- 1 parchment paper
- 1 small bowl
- 1 small sauce pot for double boiler
- 1 oven
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temp
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 20 golden Oreos
- 4 oz white chocolate chips or chopped bar
Mix the Wet Ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 350°F then spray the 8×8 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray
- Line the pan with parchment paper. Cut all four corners of the parchment paper so it lies flat in the pan then spray the parchment paper with non stick cooking spray
- Add the melted butter to your large mixing bowl and mix in the brown sugar until fully incorporated
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides between each addition
- Stir in the vanilla
Mixing the Dry Ingredients
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold together until almost full combined
Making the Vanilla Brownies
- Scoop half of the vanilla brownie batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer
- Layer the Oreos on top evenly
- Spread the other half of the batter evenly over the top of the Oreos
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Allow to cool on a wire rack
Making the White Chocolate Drizzle
- While the vanilla brownies are cooling melt the white chocolate
- Place the white chocolate in a heat proof bowl and melt it using a double boiler
- Pour the white chocolate into a bowl or jar and let it cool for 5-10 minutes
- Using a pastry bag or a zip lock bag with the corner cut off, drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the brownies then let it set
- Cut and enjoy!