These Easter Peanut Butter Blondies are such a fun and festive treat! Perfect for Easter but delicious anytime.
They’re chewy around the edges, gooey in the middle, topped with swirls of peanut butter and pastel Peanut M&M’s. They’re great for kids too, they love the pretty colors.
This Peanut Butter Blondie recipe is so simple to make. That’s one of my favorite things about blondies. You can mix them up and have them in the oven in 10 minutes!
This new recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you wanting more. They’re seriously addicting.
When you’re looking for a delicious treat that’s easy, Blondies are always the answer!
What is a Blondie?
A blondie is similar to a brownie but without the cocoa or chocolate. It’s also similar to a cookie bar. You can think of it as one giant chewy and gooey cookie with tons of brown sugary goodness.
A blondie, sometimes called a blonde brownie is a dessert bar that is buttery and full of vanilla flavor too. They can be made with a multitude of different add-ins. The sky is the limit here.
In this case it’s peanut butter and peanuts added in. Blondie recipes are always easy and delicious desserts.
Are Blondies supposed to be gooey?
Yes, absolutely! That’s part of the beauty. With a blondie recipe you want the edges to be slightly crisp and chewy with the inside gooey.
With that being said, it’s very important not to overmix or overbake a blondie recipe. This can cause a dry or dense bake.
What is the difference between a Blondie and a Brownie?
The main difference between a blondie and a brownie is that brownies have a deep chocolate flavor and blondies don’t contain chocolate at all. They have a rich vanilla flavor.
Another big difference is that blondies are made with brown sugar. Brown sugar gives them that chewy and gooey texture along with molasses flavor.
Brownies generally use granulated sugar or white sugar. Brownies (or at least the fudgy ones) also use more eggs than a blondie recipe would. That gives the fudgy consistency to a brownie.
Both are equally delicious but very different in flavor.
Ingredients in Easter Peanut Butter Blondies
- Butter – I use unsalted butter so I can control the salt level
- Brown Sugar – This adds extra moisture to the peanut butter blondies. I like dark brown sugar for these Easter Peanut Butter Blondies but light brown works too
- Eggs – Use room temperature eggs for best results
- Vanilla Extract – I use pure vanilla
- Peanut Butter – Peanut butter gets swirled on the top of the blondies right before baking
- Peanut M&M’s – I use the pastel Easter colored peanut M&M’s but any color would work
- All Purpose Flour – I have not tested this recipe with any other type of flour
- Baking Powder – Baking powder gives the peanut butter blondies a slight rise
- Kosher Salt – Salt brings out the flavor of all the ingredients
- Flaky Sea Salt (optional) – I love a little extra salt with my sweets
- Mixing Bowls – You will need a large mixing bowl and a medium mixing bowl. One for the wet ingredients and one for the dry
- 8×8 inch Baking Pan – I use an 8×8 inch baking pan so the blondies come out nice and thick
- Parchment Paper – If you line your baking dish with parchment paper, the blondies will be so much easier to remove after baking
- Electric Mixer (optional) – If you want to use an electric mixer for the wet ingredients only then you can. It’s not necessary though, everything can be mixed by hand
- Wooden Spoon or Rubber Spatula – When folding the dry ingredients into the wet, use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula
Tips for Easter Peanut Butter Blondies
- Do not overmix the blondies
- Do not overbake these peanut butter blondies
- Pro tip for getting the blondies out of the pan easily to slice. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray then line the pan with parchment paper and spray the parchment paper as well. Make sure to leave yourself at least a 2 inch overhang to easily lift the blondies out of the pan
- Blondies are fun because you can add different mix-ins. A couple that would be good with these Easter Peanut Butter Blondies are chocolate chips, white chocolate chips or butterscotch chips
How to store Easter Peanut Butter Blondies
If you have leftover Easter Peanut Butter Blondies then you have a couple options for storing them. You can either store them on the counter or freeze them.
Store your Easter Peanut Butter Blondies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days. The airtight container will help lock in the fresh flavor.
If you store the container in the fridge instead of on the counter then the blondies will last up to 7 days. I would recommend letting them come to room temperature before eating them though.
If you want to store the blondies in the freezer then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap, multiple times. Place them in an airtight container or wrap them in foil then freeze them for up to 2 months.
How to make Easter Peanut Butter Blondies
Preheat the oven to 350°F then spray an 8×8 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line the baking pan with parchment paper then spray the parchment with non-stick spray.
Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl until thoroughly combined then set aside until needed.
Mix the melted butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl until fully combined. Add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, mixing between each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
Mix in the vanilla extract.
Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients being careful not to overmix. A few streaks of flour are okay. Fold in the pastel M&M’s.
Scoop the blondie batter into the prepared pan then spread into an even layer. Add dollops of the peanut butter on top of the blondies then lightly swirl with a butter knife.
Add a few extra M&M’s to the top. Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the middle looks slightly underbaked.
Cool the Easter Peanut Butter Blondies on a wire rack until fully cooled. Cut the cooled blondies into squares and serve.
These fudgy blondies are the perfect seasonal dessert. I hope you love this easy blondie recipe!
Please leave a rating and/or review!
Don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter to get all of the new recipes sent straight to your inbox! I would love for you to leave me a rating and/or star review at the bottom of this blog post if you try this Easter Peanut Butter Blondie Recipe.
Don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram photos if you make and post pictures of this recipe. I love to see what everyone is cooking! Follow along on Instagram!
Easter Peanut Butter Blondies
- 1 large and medium mixing bowl
- 1 8×8 inch baking pan
- 1 parchment paper
- 1 rubber spatula or wooden spoon
- 1 electric mixer (optional) can be used for wet ingredients only or they can be hand mixed
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temp
- 1 egg yolk room temp
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 10.8 oz Easter colored peanut M&M's reserve a small handful for the top
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 small handful pastel colored peanut M&M's
- ¼ tsp flaky sea salt optional
Mixing the Dry Ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 350°F then spray an 8×8 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper and spray it again
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl
Mixing the Wet Ingredients
- Mix the melted butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl until fully combined. You can use a whisk or hand mixer
- Mix the eggs and egg yolk in, one at a time, mixing fully between each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl down
- Stir in the vanilla
Combining and Baking the Blondies
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until almost fully combined
- Fold in the M&M's
- Dollop the peanut butter on top of the blondies all over then swirl around a few times with a butter knife
- Scoop out the blondie batter into prepared baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes until edges are starting to brown and middle looks slightly underbaked
- Allow the blondies to cool fully on a wire rack before cutting
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired