This Brown Butter Graham Cracker Blondie S'more is INSANE! Chewy brown butter graham cracker blondie pieces on the outside, Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Squares, toasted marshmallow and homemade caramel sauce drizzled over the top. Indulge yourself with a s'more from heaven.
I actually came up with this creation when The Feed Feed was having their s'mores contest with Ghirardelli. I'm not gonna lie, I'm super happy about it. This is one of the best desserts and it's really easy to put together.
These would be such a cute idea for a backyard BBQ, summer birthday or even a fall treat! They're easily made and can sit out on a platter for several hours during a party. They'll definitely be a huge hit!
Check out other Desserts!
Ingredients for Brown Butter Graham Cracker Blondie S'mores
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Graham Cracker
- Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Squares
- Granulated Sugar
- Heavy Cream
Tips for Brown Butter Graham Cracker Blondie S'mores
- You can make the blondies up to 2 days ahead of time and store them on the counter wrapped tightly
- The caramel sauce can be made up to 1 week ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the fridge
- Do not overmix the blondie batter
- Do not over bake the blondies. Take them out when they look slightly underdone in the middle
- I spread the dough between a 9x13 and an 8x8 pan to get a much thinner blondie than normal
- You can toast the marshmallows a couple hours ahead of time, lay them on a sheet tray and pop them in the oven at 300°F for about 4 minutes right before you want to use them
- Use a kitchen torch or the burner of your stove to toast the marshmallows
- Marshmallow roasting sticks make it easier to toast the marshmallows. You can use something like this https://amzn.to/3yyb0JZ
- If you've got extra caramel sauce make a batch of my No Churn Salted Caramel Pretzel Ice Cream
- Pour a little of that extra caramel sauce over the top of my Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Rolls
How to make homemade caramel sauce
Making homemade caramel sauce for your Brown Butter Graham Cracker Blondie S'more is much easier than you may think. Homemade caramel sauce is soooo much better than store bought in my opinion. It only takes about 5 minutes!
Using a medium or large heavy bottomed sauce pot place the sugar in the pan and turn the heat to medium. As the sugar starts to melt you can swirl the pan around a bit but do not stir the sugar. It will become a darker amber color.
Once all the sugar is melted, turn the heat off and add the butter. It will bubble up violently but that's what you want. Stir until all the butter is melted.
Then add the heavy cream. The caramel mixture will bubble up again. Add in the salt then stir it until it's completely smooth then pour it out of the pant and into a heat proof bowl or container. Leave the caramel out on the counter if you'll be using it in the next hour or store it in the refrigerator if you're using it at a later time.
That's it! Making homemade caramel sauce is just that easy!
If you try this Brown Butter Graham Cracker Blondie S'more recipe out please leave a rating and/or review on this post. Don't forget to share your photos of this or any other of my recipes on Instagram and tag me @inkristaskitchen so I can see what everyone is making! It's so fun to look through and see what you're making!
Brown Butter Graham Cracker Blondie S'mores
- kitchen torch or range top
Brown Butter Graham Cracker Blondies
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted and browned
- 2 cups brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs room temp
- 1 egg yolk room temp
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Dry Ingredients for Blondies
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs I just blend my own graham crackers
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
For Inside the S'more
- 12 jumbo marshmallows
- 12 pieces Ghirardelli dark chocolate sea salt caramel squares
Making the Blondies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9x13 and an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper
- Cook the butter in a heavy bottomed sauce pan over medium high heat watching and stirring frequently until melted and bubbly
- Then turn the heat to medium - low and continue stirring until butter becomes a dark amber color
- Pour the brown butter into a heat proof bowl to cool making sure to scrape all the brown bits out of the pan with it. Let it cool to room temp
- Whisk together the brown butter, brown sugar, eggs, egg yolk and vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl whisk together the dry ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and fold with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until just combined. Do not overmix
Baking the Blondies
- Scoop the blondie dough into both pans and spread out about ½ inch thick. Fill the 9x13 pan first then the 8x8 pan. It's ok if the dough doesn't spread all the way to the end of the 8x8 pan
- Bake the blondies for 20 minutes or until the edges look done and the middle looks slightly underdone. It will continue to cook and firm up a bit more after it comes out of the oven
- Let the blondies cool to room temp. Once cooled, use a cookie cutter to punch out circles
Making the caramel sauce
- Melt the granulated sugar over medium heat in a large heavy bottomed pot. Once the sugar starts melting you can swirl the pot around a bit but do not stir
- Once the sugar is all melted turn the heat off. The sugar should be a medium to dark amber color. Stir in the butter until it's fully melted
- Add the salt and heavy cream and stir until combined
- Pour the caramel into a heat proof bowl and store on the counter top if using right away or in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week
Building the s'mores
- Toast or torch marshmallows to desired doneness
- Place one blondie circle on the bottom. Top with one toasted marshmallow, one Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Square, drizzle with homemade caramel and top with another blondie circle. Enjoy!!