If you love the taste of fresh juicy peaches, Peaches and Cream Pie will be your new favorite! Have you ever taken a bite of a fresh ripe peach in the summer and the juice goes down your face and hands? Those are the perfect peaches to use for this pie. The filling isn’t baked so you can still taste all of that fresh deliciousness in each bite.
Peaches and Cream Pie is always a super popular option when it comes to pies. It’s a hard decision to make between that and my Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie. If you’re a strawberry lover, you’ve gotta check that one our for sure! But you can’t go wrong either way. Both of these pies are perfect for summer get togethers.
Peaches and Cream Pie is nice and easy to put together. It’s even easier if you decide to use a store bought crust. Store bought or homemade works just fine for this recipe. I like to use Epicurious’ recipe for flaky pie crust https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/magpie-dough-for-flaky-piecrust Just take note if you decide to try out the recipe from Epicurious, the dough has to be made the day before and refrigerated overnight before baking it.
Ingredients for Peaches and Cream Pie
- Fresh Peaches
- Pie Crust – store bought or I like to use the recipe from https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/magpie-dough-for-flaky-piecrust
- Demerara sugar
- Peach Jello
- Cream Cheese
- Cool Whip
Tips for Peaches and Cream Cheese Pie
- Let the crust cool completely before filling it
- Make sure the water, sugar and cornstarch mix comes to a boil. Let it boil for 2 minutes while whisking. If it does not boil it will not reach its full thickening potential
- Make sure the mixture comes to a boil again for 1 minute after adding the Jello
- Fresh peaches are the best for this pie. It will not taste the same if you try using frozen or canned. It also makes a huge difference if the peaches are in season or not
- You can use different types of fruit if peach is not your favorite. Some other choices would be: mango, blueberry, raspberry, kiwi or strawberries like my Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie!
- This pie holds well so it’s easily made in the morning for that evening or even a day ahead of time. Leave the Cool Whip off until serving
Can you freeze this pie?
I wouldn’t recommend it. It doesn’t hold up well in the freezer and the quality will be compromised.
How many days is Peaches and Cream Pie good for?
This fresh peach pie will hold in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. After that it begins to get a little soggy and doesn’t have the best texture. If you make homemade pie crust that will help keep the crust crunchy and flaky a bit longer than store bought pie crust.
How to make Peaches and Cream Pie
First is your pie crust. If you’re using store bought, follow the directions on the box to fully bake the crust and cool it. If you’re using the Magpie dough from Epicurious, follow this recipe https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/magpie-dough-for-flaky-piecrust NOTE: The dough from Epicurious must be started the day before baking. It has to chill in the fridge overnight before baking.
Next pour the granulated sugar, cornstarch and water into a heavy bottomed medium sauce pan. Whisk until there are no lumps. Bring the sugar mixture to a boil over medium heat. Meanwhile, peel and slice the peaches and set aside. Continue whisking the sugar mixture until it boils.
Let the mixture boil for 1 minute while whisking. Add in the Jello and continue whisking for 1-2 more minutes while the mixture boils. Remove it from the heat and allow it to start cooling. After 20 minutes of cooling, add the sliced peaches and stir.
While the peach mixture is cooling, beat the room temp cream cheese and granulated sugar with an electric hand mixer until well blended. Spread the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of the completely cooled pie crust.
Pour the peach mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture and move pie to the fridge to cool. Let the pie cool for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day. Add the cool whip before serving and enjoy your Peaches and Cream Pie!
If you love strawberries, try my strawberry version of this pie Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie. Check out other Desserts too!
If you make this Peaches and Cream Pie recipe please leave a rating and/or a review! I love hearing what you think and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram posts @inkristaskitchen
Peaches and Cream Pie
- hand mixer
- 1 pie crust store bought or homemade
- 1 egg beaten
- 1.5 tsp Demerara sugar
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar divided
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp peach Jello
- 4.5 cups peaches peeled and sliced
- 12 oz cream cheese room temp
- 4 oz cool whip
- Place the pie crust into the pan so that the edges hang over the pan slightly
- Whisk the egg and brush it on the edges of the crust
- Sprinkle the Demerara sugar onto the edges of the crust
- Bake pie according to box directions or homemade recipe and let cool completely
Make the filling
- Add 1 cup granulated sugar, water and cornstarch to a medium sauce pot. Whisk and bring to a boil, whisking occasionally. Let the mixture boil for 1-2 minutes while whisking
- Add the peach Jello and let boil 1 more minute while whisking. Set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes
- Blend room temp cream cheese and remaining ½ cup of granulated sugar with a hand mixer until well blended and set aside
- Peel and slice the peaches then add to the Jello mixture and stir until fully coated
Filling the pie
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of the pie crust and up the sides
- Top with the peach Jello mixture and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Before serving, top the whole pie with cool whip or each slice individually. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply