Introducing your new go-to smoothie bowl! This Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl is so fresh, healthy and delicious you’ll want to eat it every day. It’s an awesome way to kickstart your morning and perfect for the kids too!
This is the type of breakfast and snack I want every single day during the warm months. Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowls are super simple, nice and cold and so good for you! I use coconut milk in this smoothie bowl but feel free to use almond, cashew, soy or cow’s milk. This recipe is dairy free and gluten free and can also be vegan if you change out the honey for sugar.
What is a smoothie bowl?
A smoothie bowl is essentially a smoothie…served in a bowl with added toppings. Typically smoothies do not come with toppings. Eating it out of a bowl can actually make you feel more like you’re eating a meal and more full. I don’t know about you but when I drink a smoothie, even if it’s packed with a full meal of ingredients, I’m hungry immediately after because my brain is telling me I just drank something instead of ate it.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Frozen Strawberries
- Frozen Bananas
- Coconut Milk
- Lemon Juice (fresh)
- Chia Seeds
- Freeze Dried Strawberries (or fresh)
- Freeze Dried Dragon Fruit (or fresh)
- Dragon Fruit Granola (or granola of your choice)
Tips for the best Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowls
- Make sure the strawberries and bananas you use are frozen. It’s really a must for the best consistency for your smoothie bowl
- Add the avocado, even if you’re thinking that’s gross. It gives a nice texture, you can’t taste it and avocado is great for you!
- If you don’t have or don’t like coconut milk you can use any other dairy free milk such as: cashew, almond, soy or oat. You can also use cow’s milk if you prefer
- Don’t make the smoothie bowl until you are ready to eat it, while it does hold its consistency well, you don’t want it getting runny
- Don’t have frozen strawberries and bananas on hand? You could use 8oz of any frozen fruit you’d like
Different toppings to add to your Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Fresh Strawberries
- Fresh Bananas
- Banana Chips
- Coconut Flakes
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Diced Mango
How to make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
Add the frozen strawberries, frozen bananas, coconut milk, avocado, honey and lemon to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, about 30-60 seconds. Pour the smoothie into a bowl, top with the additional toppings and your Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl is ready to go!
If you try this Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl please leave a rating and/or comment! I’d also love to see what you’re cooking up so don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram photos of what you’ve made!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- food processor or blender
- 4 oz frozen strawberries
- 4 oz frozen bananas
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp honey
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 tbsp freeze dried strawberries
- 1 tbsp dragon fruit granola
- 1.5 tsp freeze dried dragon fruit
- ¼ tsp chia seeds
Make the smoothie
- Add all smoothie ingredients to a food processor or a blender and blend until smooth. About 30-60 seconds
- Pour smoothie into a bowl
Top the smoothie
- Take each topping and arrange in a pattern or just set right on top of the smoothie mix and it's ready to enjoy!