This green tea shot is a unique and flavorful whiskey-based shooter that is sweet, sour and peachy. It is perfect to serve at a party or a gathering with friends.
This shaken shot has the kick of whiskey, the sweetness of peach schnapps, a bit of sour from sweet and sour mix, and a bubbly topper of lemon lime soda.
If you are looking for a refreshing and easy to make shot, then this green tea shot recipe is for you! Everyone will love the fruity flavor of this easy to drink whiskey shot and it will definitely become crowd favorite! This green tea shooter is one of the most popular shots.
What is a Green Tea Shot?
A green tea shot is a whiskey-based shot made with Jameson Irish whiskey, peach schnapps and sweet and sour mix. It gets a splash of lemon lime soda and then it’s ready to go! While it doesn't contain any actual tea, it resembles the color of green tea with its pale yellow-green hue.
This simple whiskey shot gets a smooth and herbal flavor from the Jameson, while the peach schnapps adds a fruity sweetness. The sweet and sour balances out the flavors, creating a well-rounded and delicious shot! It is perfect for those looking for a tasty and fun drink.
What's in a Green Tea Shot?
This sweet shot has only a few simple ingredients. Perfect for party shots.
- Whiskey - I prefer to use Jameson Irish Whiskey. Jameson Whiskey company is a popular Irish whiskey brand in the U.S. that can be found at most grocery stores.
- Peach schnapps - This peach liqueur is one of the main ingredients and gives the peach flavor in the classic green tea shot recipe.
- Sweet and sour mix - Sweet and sour mix is made with fresh citrus juices. It is best when it is made fresh, but store bought will work too.
- Lemon lime soda - Use something like a splash of Sprite, 7Up or any other lemon lime flavored soda.
How to Make a Green Tea Shot
- Step 1 - In a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes, add the whiskey, peach schnapps and sweet and sour mix.
- Step 2 - Secure the lid and shake for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Step 3 - Strain the mix into four separate shot glasses.
- Step 4 - Top each shot with a splash of lemon-lime soda.
Enjoy your Jameson green tea shot responsibly!
Cocktail Shaker - Use your shaker if you have one. If you don’t have one then just use a mason jar with a lid!
Jigger - Using a jigger to measure amounts is the easiest route to go.
Shot glass - Serve these shots in separate shot glasses.
Can You Make a Green Tea Shot Cocktail?
These tasty green tea shots can be served as a single shot or made into this popular cocktail. That's right, you can make this green tea shot recipe into a green tea cocktail too using the same green tea shot ingredients! Add the following ingredients with ice to a cocktail shaker:
- 1.5 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1.5 oz peach schnapps
- 2 oz sweet sour mix
- 2 oz lemon lime soda
Then strain over ice into a larger glass prepared with a salt or sugar rim, garnish with some fresh mint, a lime wedge and now you have a sweet-sour whiskey drink.
- This shot is best served cold so be sure to use the cocktail shaker filled with ice to make this.
- This green tea shot recipe will make enough for four shots.
- You can use any food safe jar with a lid to shake the drink if you don’t have a cocktail shaker.
- This would be great to serve for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Whiskey - Feel free to use your favorite American whiskey, bourbon or even brandy.
- Peach schnapps - Replace the peach schnapps with peach juice or peach puree.
- Sweet and sour - You can either buy the sweet and sour mix at the store or make your own.
- Lemon lime soda - Any kind of lemon lime flavored soda will work. You may even enjoy lime flavored sparkling water for a bit of flavor and bubbles without the extra sugar.
- White Tea Shot Recipe- Try swapping vodka in place of the whiskey! This is a popular choice if you're not a fan of whiskey. A white tea shot has a sour taste to it but is even sweeter because the peach flavor really comes through. These two shot recipes can both be made into a summer cocktail. Follow the directions above but use vodka instead of whiskey to make a white tea shot cocktail.
A green tea shot is made of whiskey, peach schnapps or peach juice, sweet and sour mix, and splash of lemon lime soda to add a bit of sweetness.
A green tea shot does not have actual green tea in it. It has a similar appearance to green tea because it is a pale yellowish-greenish color from the combination of ingredients but does not contain or taste like green tea.
Green tea shots are fruity, sweet and have a bit of a sour flavor. They do not actually taste like green tea.
To make this sour Jameson cocktail into a non-alcoholic drink, replace the whiskey and the peach schnapps with alcohol free spirits. The whiskey can be replaced with Kentucky 74, which will replicate the taste of whiskey without the alcohol. For the peach schnapps, replace it with either peach juice or peach puree.
Sweet and sour mix is so simple to make. You will just need to do equal parts fresh lime juice, fresh lemon juice, water, and sugar. I like to make a batch by adding ½ cup of each of the ingredients to a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake it well and use it however you choose! I like using homemade sour mix in my green tea shots recipe when I have it on hand.
Please Leave a Rating and/or Review!
If you love getting all the latest and greatest recipes sent straight to your inbox then sign up for my newsletter!
I would love for you to leave me a star rating and/or review at the bottom of this blog post if you make this Green Tea Shot recipe! It’s very helpful and so appreciated!
I’d also love it if you tag me in any Instagram photos of recipes you make. I love to see what everyone is making!
Green Tea Shot
- 2 oz Jameson Irish whiskey
- 2 oz peach schnapps
- 2 oz sweet and sour mix
- 2 oz lemon lime soda
Making the Shots
- Add whiskey, peach schnapps and sweet and sour mix to a cocktail shaker filled with ice
- Put the lid on securely then shake mixture 10-15 seconds
- Pour into 4 separate shot glasses through the strainer. Top each shot with lemon lime soda