Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Cones are filled with no bake cheesecake, strawberry compote, fresh strawberries and strawberry crunch crumble topping. The waffle cones are dipped in melted vanilla coating then rolled in the most delicious Golden Oreo strawberry crunch for a yummy summer dessert that can also be used for ice cream.
These no bake cheesecake cones are an easy summer treat that's fun for the whole family. No bake cheesecake is great for the hot months when you don't want to turn your oven on.
Using cheesecake filling has never been more fun! Don't let summer go by without adding this Strawberry crunch cheesecakes cones recipe to your summer list!
What Is Strawberry Crunch Topping?
Strawberry crunch topping is a version of the classic Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars topping. This recipe includes Golden Oreos, butter, salt and freeze dried strawberries. One of the most delicious toppings there is.
Other recipes use Strawberry Jell-O but I prefer the taste of freeze dried strawberries.
Waffle Cones - Use your favorite kind of cone. Sugar cones, waffle cones, etc.
Vanilla Melting Wafers - I use Ghirardelli Vanilla Melting Wafers but you can also use white chocolate or almond bark.
Cream Cheese - Full fat is best.
Powdered Sugar - I like powdered sugar in my no bake cheesecake filling to keep it nice and smooth.
Vanilla Extract - I use pure vanilla extract.
Lemon Juice - I always use fresh lemon juice instead of concentrate.
Kosher Salt - I use Diamond Crystal. If using Morton's kosher salt then use about 25% less.
Sour Cream - Full fat is best.
Freeze Dried Strawberries - For strawberry crunch topping. I find these at the local grocery store, near the dried fruit.
Golden Oreos - These are my favorite for the strawberry crunch topping.
Unsalted Butter - I prefer using unsalted butter then I can add my own salt.
Whipping Cream - Keeping your cream cold is best for making whipped cream.
Strawberries - I use fresh strawberries to garnish this strawberry crunch cheesecake cone recipe.
Variations & Substitutions
- Cones - Use a sugar cone, waffle cone or a wafer cone. Bubble waffle cones would be fun for strawberry crunch cheesecake cones!
- Fruit - Use any fruit topping or fruit compote that you like! Try blueberry, cherry or raspberry.
- Cool Whip - Fold in store bought Cool Whip to your no bake cheesecake filling instead of whipping heavy cream.
- Chocolate - Dip your strawberry crunch cheesecake cones in white chocolate or dark chocolate instead of almond bark.
How To Make Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Cones
Step 1: Make strawberry compote. This can be made day of then cooled or it can be made up to 1 week in advance.
Step 2: Make strawberry crunch crumble up to 5 days in advance.
Step 3: Make strawberry crunch ice cream cones. Dip the tops of the cones in melted vanilla melting wafers, roll in the melted candy section of the cone in strawberry crunch crumble then prop the cone up in a stand or lay it flat on a parchment paper lined sheet tray.
Step 4: Blend the no bake cheesecake filling ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Fold in the whipped cream then add no bake cheesecake filling to a piping bag or a gallon Ziplock bag with the corner cut off.
Step 5: Add a small amount of strawberry compote to the bottom of each cheesecake cone. Pipe the no bake cheesecake filling into the strawberry crunch cones, top with strawberry compote, fresh strawberries and strawberry crunch crumble. Serve & enjoy!
Work quickly with vanilla melting wafers so it doesn’t harden when making the cheesecake cones.
Sift through strawberry crunch crumble with a fork every couple cones to get chunks of melted vanilla out.
I like adding a little extra strawberry compote to the bottom of the ice cream cones for extra flavor.
The strawberry crunch cheesecake cones get soggy after a bit, so don’t make them in advance.
Make sure cream cheese is soft. I like to leave mine out on the counter for about 4 hours, out of the cardboard box.
Make no bake cheesecake filling, strawberry compote and strawberry crunch topping a couple days ahead of time to make assembly super quick and easy!
The best way to store Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Cones is to store each ingredient separately. The cones become soggy quickly once assembled.
The strawberry crunch cones can be made then stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Store them in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap in either instance.
Store the no bake cheesecake filling in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Strawberry compote can be made ahead of time then stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Strawberry crunch crumble can be made in advance then stored in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container. Store it the same way in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
This no bake cheesecake recipe is set right away. As soon as you make it, you are able to use it immediately.
Store the no bake cheesecake filling recipe in the fridge for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before using. There is no need to place it in the freezer to set before using.
No. Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Cones become soggy very quickly after assembling. Prepare them shortly before serving.
Yes, you can! You can use a waffle cone or the traditional wafter cone. You can even try using a bubble waffle for a cone!
Try using strawberry compote on top of ice cream, toast, biscuits, cheesecakes, cakes, cookies. I even top my brownies with it sometimes!
Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Cones
- 1 electric hand mixer or stand mixer
- 1 set of mixing bowls
- 1 food processor
- 1 small sauce pot
- 1 piping bag
- 1 pint strawberries hulled and fine diced
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
Strawberry Crunch Cones
- 14 Golden Oreos
- ½ oz freeze dried strawberries
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 oz vanilla melting wafers or white chocolate
- 8 waffle cones
No Bake Cheesecake
- 16 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt Diamond Crystal
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1¼ cup heavy whipping cream cold
- 8 strawberries hulled and sliced
- ¼ cup strawberry crunch crumble for topping the cones
- ¼ cup strawberry compote for topping the cones
Making Strawberry Compote
- Add all strawberry compote ingredients to a medium sauce pan and stir together. Heat over medium heat until simmering then turn to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove from heat, cool and set aside until needed
Strawberry Crunch Cones
- Blend Golden Oreos, freeze dried strawberries, melted butter and kosher salt together in a food processor until you have a fine crumb or slightly larger
- Melt vanilla melting wafers in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each time until fully melted
- Dip the open end of a waffle cone into the melted wafers, shake a little off, then roll in strawberry crunch topping. Place cones upright in a rack or place them on a parchment lined sheet tray. Repeat until all are covered
Making The No Bake Cheesecake
- Using a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer, blend cream cheese on medium speed for 1 minute until smooth
- Add powdered sugar, mix on low until combined then on high for 1 more minute
- Add vanilla, lemon juice and salt
- Mix in sour cream
- In a separate medium sized bowl, beat heavy cream on medium high speed until stiff peaks form
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture
Making Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Cones
- Add a tablespoon of strawberry compote to the bottom of each cone
- Use a piping bag to pipe no bake cheesecake into cones
- Top with strawberry crunch topping, strawberry compote and fresh berries
- Eat immediately and enjoy!