This Strawberry Crunch Crumble recipe is the perfect dessert topping for many recipes! It’s a simple 4 ingredient recipe that combines strawberry flavor with cream and crunch.
This homemade version is better than anything I’ve found at the grocery store.
This strawberry crunchy topping is a pink color so it makes if fun for the kids too. It combines Golden Oreos, freeze dried strawberries, melted butter and salt.
The best part is it comes together in less than 10 minutes! This recipe is fun to use on a variety of different things once strawberry season is in full swing!
I have a quick homemade strawberry crumble recipe that it is delicious on. Try my Easy Strawberry Crumble recipe!
What is strawberry crunch made of?
This strawberry crunch crumble recipe is made of Golden Oreos, freeze dried strawberries, melted butter and salt. Other recipes will use ingredients like vanilla pudding mix, vanilla extract or strawberry gelatin mix.
This recipe is simple and flavorful. You can easily find these four ingredients at the grocery store.
What is strawberry crunch topping used for?
This topping is fairly versatile. It can be used for many different recipes. During strawberry season there are a wide variety of recipes strawberry crunch crumble topping would go great on.
Bake the topping directly on a dessert. For instance my Easy Strawberry Crumble recipe, you just place it right on top the last 15 minutes of baking.
You can also bake the strawberry crunch crumble topping ahead of time then add it to a recipe. In that instance you would preheat your oven to 350°F then line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Spread the strawberry topping onto the baking sheet then bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring around a few times until golden brown. I particularly like to top anything with cream cheese frosting with this strawberry crunch.
Like adding it to a strawberry cupcake with cream cheese frosting, then you have a strawberry crunch cupcake!
Place the cookie sheet on a wire rack to cool then top your desserts. Here are a few desserts the baked strawberry crunch crumble recipe would go well with:
- Easy Strawberry Crumble
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars (Good Humor Ice Cream Bar)
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Strawberry Crunch Poke Cake – You can sprinkle them on top of the cake
- Strawberry Short Cake – You can use them as strawberry shortcake crumbles
- Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
- Strawberry Crunch Cake
- Strawberry Crunch Cupcakes
Ingredients in this Strawberry Crunch Crumble Recipe
- Golden Oreos – These are the vanilla version of Oreos. You can find them at your local grocery store. Here’s what they look like!
- Freeze Dried Strawberries – These pack a nice strawberry flavor without all the liquid. You can find these at your local grocery store. Without the freeze dried strawberries you’ve got a vanilla crumble
- Butter – I use unsalted butter
- Kosher Salt – Salt helps bring out the flavor of the other ingredients
Equipment you’ll need
- Food Processor – You’ll need a food processor to blend the ingredients together
- Small Bowl – You can use a small bowl to melt the butter in the microwave. Melting it on the stove top in a small sauce pot will work fine too
- Tupperware Container – Store the strawberry crunch in a Tupperware container for up to 1 week
Tips for this Strawberry Crunch Crumble Recipe
- You can make this strawberry crunch crumble recipe up to 7 days ahead. Store it in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 7 days
- Do not substitute fresh strawberries for freeze dried strawberries, it will not turn out
- If you only have salted butter to use then omit the kosher salt
- This topping is fun to use for a special occasion like Valentine’s Day or a kids birthday
- You can also use regular Oreo Cookies for this if you want a chocolate strawberry version
- This homemade strawberry crunch is good to eat on top of yogurt or even in your cereal!
How to make Strawberry Crunch Crumble
This Strawberry Crunch Crumble recipe is super simple to make. Melt the butter in a medium bowl in the microwave.
Add the Golden Oreos, freeze dried strawberries, melted butter and salt to the food processor. Blend until mixed but still a coarse crumb.
Transfer the strawberry mixture to an air tight container and store until needed. Alternatively, you can store the crunchy topping in a bowl tightly wrapped with plastic wrap.
If you’ll be baking this on something like my Easy Strawberry Crumble recipe then you can stop at this point and keep until needed.
If you’re just adding the topping to something that is already made then preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spread the strawberry topping in an even layer and bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow the pan to cool on a wire rack before storing the topping. Add topping to desired dish and enjoy!
Please leave a rating and/or review!
Sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe! You can have every recipe sent straight to your inbox as soon as it hits the blog!
If you make this Strawberry Crunch Crumble Recipe I would love if you would leave me a star rating and/or review at the bottom of this blog post! I love getting feedback.
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and other social media when you post any photos of my recipes you’re making. I love to see what everyone is making! Follow along on Instagram!
How to store Strawberry Crunch Crumble
You can store this Strawberry Crunch Crumble recipe in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last up to 1 week in the fridge.
You can also store it in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days.
It will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw it out in the fridge overnight before using.
Strawberry Crunch Crumble Recipe
- 1 food processor
- 1 bowl or small sauce pot for melting butter
Strawberry Crunch Crumble
- 28 Golden Oreos
- 1 oz freeze dried strawberries
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
Making the Strawberry Crunch Crumble
- Melt the butter in the microwave or a small sauce pot on top of the stove
- Add all ingredients to the food processor and blend on low until combined but slightly chunky still
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge or 48 hours on the counter top